Saturday, October 1, 2011

Photo of the Week: Sky Tentacles

Sky Tentacles
Nikon D7000 w/ Sigma 10-20mm lens, 1/2500sec at f8, ISO400. © Andy Marfia 2011 All Rights Reserved.

This is the north end of the elevated Thorndale platform.  The CTA has recently added new security cameras to many of its stations, seen here dangling off an existing light fixture.  I don't particularly mind the added security while waiting for a train, though it has definitely upped the creepiness factor.

As you can probably guess, it wasn't long after taking this photo that we were engulfed in rain, a brief though heavy storm.  I have to admit, I'm not particularly a fan of the fall.  Given the choice between 50 degrees and 70 degrees, I will choose 70 degrees every single time.  But the change of seasons does create some interesting weather patterns, and as a photographer, I can't really complain about that.

No comments: