Thursday, February 24, 2011

Nikon D7000 (sort of) in stock at B&H

NikonD7000I received an email today from B&H that surprised me: apparently the D7000 (body only) version has come in stock.  Only it's not really in stock-- they're just accepting pre orders again:

You've previously requested to be notified when the following item comes in to stock:
Nikon - NID7000
D7000 DSLR Camera (Body Only)

This item did not come in to stock yet, However, we are now accepting pre-orders and the item will be shipped when it comes in to stock.  If you still wish to be notified when it actually comes in to stock, please re-submit your request to be notified.


I purchased my D7000 last November through B&H, and to be honest, I'm surprised to see that it's still hard to find three months later.  Either Nikon is selling more cameras than anyone expected, or they're doing a terrible, terrible job at getting these puppies off the production line.  Probably a little of both.

Here's a link to the B&H preorder page, for anyone interested.  If you don't want to wait for the preorder, Amazon currently has both the body only and kit version in stock.

Having used the camera for three months now, I really don't have any complaints that I didn't touch on in my unboxing and first impressions post.  The image quality, weather sealing and 100% viewfinder are still fantastic.  the Mode dial still annoys me.  Overall it's a great piece of gear.

No comments: