Thursday, March 3, 2011

Photo of the Week: North Ave Ice Field

North Ave Ice Field

This week's photo was taken in mid February, showing Lake Michigan between Fullerton and North Ave in Chicago.  This particular ice pattern is one that seems to occur every winter in Chicago harbors and beaches-- as the ice starts to slowly melt, it breaks apart and forms the lily pad shapes that you see here.  I think Monet would appreciate that.

I haven't had time to do much photography over the last couple of weeks, but I'm fairly certain this has all melted by now.  As I write this, I just checked the weather forecast and it's supposed to be a downright balmy 54 degrees tomorrow!  Of course, typical of this time of year, it will also be raining all day.

Photo Details: Nikon D7000 with 16-85mm lens, 1/320sec at f8, ISO200.

No comments: