Monday, February 21, 2011

Miguel del Valle supporters march through Andersonville

Del Valle for Mayor
Photo details: Canon S95 at 105mm, 1/320sec at f4.9, ISO80

Supporters of Miguel del Valle (one of the four leading candidates for Mayor in Chicago) march down Clark Street in late January.  I thought this was an odd sight and was so bemused that I parked my car in order to quickly take these photos.  I've never seen campaign supporters march down a street before-- it looked like they were protesting something.  Perhaps that their candidate wasn't getting enough attention.

I never did figure out exactly what was going on-- I was already late for an appointment-- but I assume del Valle was speaking somewhere in the neighborhood on this day.

Chicagoans vote for our new mayor on Tuesday.  Most polls show Rahm Emanuel with a safe lead, but he needs to get over 50% of the vote to avoid a run off election in April.  UPDATE: And... it's over.  Rahm Emanuel is our new mayor.  I didn't vote for him but I wish him well in what I have no doubt will be a very tough job.

Del Valle for Mayor #2
Photo details: Canon S95 at 105mm, 1/160sec at f4.9, ISO80

Del Valle for Mayor #3
Photo details: Canon S95 at 105mm, 1/400sec at f4.9, ISO80. Women & Children First is in the background of this photo.

No comments: