Saturday, June 28, 2014

Photo(s) of the Week: Milky Blue Chicago

Milky Blue Chicago
"Milky Blue Chicago" © Andy Marfia 2014 All Rights Reserved. Nikon D7100 w/ 16-85mmmm lens, 1.3sec at f8, ISO100.

Milky Blue Chicago, #2
"Milky Blue Chicago, #2" © Andy Marfia 2014 All Rights Reserved. Nikon D7100 w/ 16-85mmmm lens, 1.0sec at f8, ISO100.

This week's photos are pretty representative of the month of June this year in Chicago.  It's been fog, fog, and more fog.  Apparently the polar vortex is to blame.  Personally, I think the media just misses the phrase "polar vortex", but I guess it's as good a theory as any.

Both of these photos are pretty standard tourist shots of the Wrigley Building from just across the Michigan Ave Bridge.  The addition of fog and some nice blue hour lighting makes them fairly unique.  I shot both with a mini tripod, so my choice of shooting locations was limited to where I could safely set the tripod down-- in both cases it was sitting on a concrete ledge.  The nice thing about using a mini tripod vs a full size is that it fits inside my camera bag, and can be moved around very quickly.

No comments: