Friday, March 2, 2012

Photo of the Week: Jump on in!

Jump on in!
Nikon D7000 w/16-85mm lens, 1/320sec at f10 and ISO100. © Andy Marfia 2012 All Rights Reserved.

This week's photo is the Chicago Park District pool at River Park.  All this scene needs is 6 months, 60 additional degrees, and 600,000 gallons of water.  I swam here once last summer, on a similarly sunny though obviously much warmer August day.  I've become a fairly dedicated swimmer in recent years, something a younger version of myself would be appalled by.  I used to be pretty terrified of the water.  Various injuries in my 30s have forced me to rethink my exercise routine, and a few lessons (and lots of persistence) later, and Andy Marfia 2.0, the swimmer was born.

I'm looking forward to my third act as a trapeze artist. 

I shot this photo with the camera sticking through the wrought iron fence that surrounds the pool.  I was initially amused to see the Park District had left the tables sitting out, but then realized they were all metal (including the canopies) so evidently they're meant to be out year round.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TRAPEZE LESSONS NOW!!