Thursday, December 15, 2011

Photo of the Week: Dashing Thru the Rain

Dashing Thru the Rain
Nikon D7000 w/ 16-85mm lens, 1/60sec at f4.2, ISO1600. © Andy Marfia 2011 All Rights Reserved.

This is the second year in a row that I've ridden the CTA's Holiday Train, and I continue to think that it's pretty hilarious.  I took this photo on the Berwyn platform on a rainy Wednesday evening.  I figured the combination of orange (sodium vapor) lights and the train's Christmas lights would make a good combination; that another train happened to be going by in the other direction was a bonus.  I would have liked to get a bit more motion blur with this shot, but I also wanted to make sure the platform was in focus-- 1/60sec seemed like a safe compromise.

If you'd like to catch the Holiday Train, there are still a few days left on the schedule, including a couple of days next week that have yet to be announced.  Bring a camera and plan to eat a candy cane or two.

No comments: