Sunday, April 10, 2011

Photo of the Week: Drive By Shooting

Drive By Shooting

You can file this one under "sometimes you get lucky."  This is the Nichols Bridgeway in Millennium Park (ie: the bridge that leads to the Art Institute).  I shot this through the windshield of my car as we drove under the bridge on Monroe.  I was in the passenger seat, obviously-- I don't recommend shooting photos while driving, and certainly not photos that involve looking UP through the windshield.  Rarely do photos that I shoot from a moving vehicle turn out, so I was pleasantly surprised to find this one more or less in focus.

This photo makes me wonder, what exactly is the woman with the camera shooting?  A picturesque cityscape?  The traffic down Monroe?  Or perhaps something else that we can't see?  Another unknown: why does the woman to her left appear to be upset? 

Photo Details: Nikon D7000 w 70-300mm lens (at 220mm), 1/3200sec at f5.3 and ISO800.

No comments: