Tuesday, July 6, 2010

The Big Bang on the Fourth of July

The Big Bang

The Big Bang, Part 2

I watched the Chicago fireworks from Hollywood Beach this year.  This isn’t the city fireworks pictured here.  Unbeknown to me and my friends, after the official fireworks ended, someone set up a massive private display about 40 yards away from us on the beach.  We’re talking semi-professional stuff here-- fireworks launching from at least 10 different locations, simultaneously.  Needless to say this was surprising, exciting, and frankly just a bit scary.

I shot these handheld at ISO800.  Though I had a small tripod with me, I didn’t have time to even think about setting it up.

We didn't stick around for long after that, but I hope whoever set these off did a better job throwing away their trash than what I found at Winnemac Park the next day.  Nothing screams America like not cleaning up after yourself.

Photo Details: Nikon D90 with 16-85mm lens, 1/13sec and 1/25sec, f5.6 and ISO800.

No comments: