Friday, June 18, 2010

Photo of the Week: all the city's a stage

all the city's a stage

The title of this week's photo is a play on the famous Shakespeare line "all the world's a stage" from a monologue in As You Like It.  Yes, that's right, I'm so full of myself that I'm referencing Shakespeare now!

Anyway, I like how this photo captures a small moment between these two women amidst the very large backdrop of the city.  This was shot on the BP bridge looking west towards Millennium Park and Michigan Ave.  Here's an enlargement:

DSC_0053crop

Photo Details: Nikon D90 with 55-200mm lens, 1/250sec at f5.6, ISO400.  I've mentioned this before, but Nikon's 55-200mm lens is really a remarkable product.  It takes astoundingly good photos at a price point just north of $200.  It's one big disadvantage is that it's slow (f4-f5.6) but again, that's why it only costs $200.

No comments: