Sunday, February 8, 2009

Photo of the Week: spire

spire

The NBC Tower at 454 N. Columbus Drive, by Skidmore, Owings & Merrill (1989). This photograph was taken from the southwest, on the south side of the Chicago River.

This is as close to a straight up architecture shot as you'll see me post.  This is interesting to me, because back when I first became interested in photography, around 1999 or so, architecture photos were my bread and butter.  For better or worse, my photography has leaned more abstract in recent years.

What I like about this shot, aside from this simply being an attractive building, is a) the isolation of the top of the building and the spire, b) the colors of the sky and the structure at sunset, and c) the shadow creeping up the bottom.

Nikon D90 with 16-85mm lens, 1/250sec at f8, ISO400.

No comments: