Friday, January 23, 2015

Photo of the Week, er, Last Year Edition

I've been looking through some photos this week from last winter, and for some reason I never published this batch.  These were taken in February of 2014 near Hollywood and Foster Ave beaches.  I admit it's possible that by posting these I'm jinxing Chicago and the relatively mild winter we've been having, but I'm willing to take that chance.  Truth be told, I like a good snow storm!

Pierscape
"Pierscape" © Andy Marfia 2014 All Rights Reserved. Nikon D7100 w 16-85mm lens, 1/1600sec at f8, ISO200

The Far Side of the Moon
"The Far Side of the Moon" © Andy Marfia 2014 All Rights Reserved. Nikon D7100 w 16-85mm lens, 1/1250sec at f8, ISO200

A note about the second photo: for that one I had to clamber around to the far side of the pier.  You can see the shadow of its beacon in the lower right.  This was probably the stupidest thing I did the entire winter-- had I slipped and fallen, there's no guaranteeing the ice around me was stable.  Of course, I didn't, but just a warning to be careful out there if you photograph the lakefront in the winter.

Beach Living
"Beach Living" © Andy Marfia 2014 All Rights Reserved. Nikon D7100 w 16-85mm lens, 1/1600sec at f9, ISO200

No comments: