Saturday, October 19, 2013

Photo(s) of the Week: Chicago, Fall

Chicago, Fall
"Chicago, Fall" © Andy Marfia 2013 All Rights Reserved. Left Photo: Nikon D7100 w/ Nikon 70-300mm lens at 222mm, 1/500sec at f11, ISO200. Right Photo: Nikon D7100 w/ Nikon 70-300mm lens at 180mm, 1/1250sec at f8, ISO200.

This week's photo features a slightly out of focus Sears Tower hiding playfully behind some fall foliage.  Yes, I still call it the Sears Tower.  Yes, the Sears Tower can be playful.  I tried a few variations of this at different focal lengths and with more or less depth of field, trying to get the best composition.  Normally I try to pick a single, best shot, but in this case I like how these compliment each other as a pair-- the left side really focuses on the leaves, where as the right reveals a bit more of the tower.  This has the added benefit of allowing me to use one of my favorite art-nerd words: diptych!  Diptychs are cool.  You read it here first.

No comments: