Saturday, August 17, 2013

Photo of the Week: Crumb's Eye View

Crumb's Eye View
"Crumb's Eye View" © Andy Marfia 2013 All Rights Reserved. Nikon D7100 w/ Sigma 10-20mm, 1/30sec at f8, ISO200.

One of my favorite things about commuting in Chicago are those rare, fleeting moments, when I find myself on an L car by myself.  When this happens during the day it's a strangely peaceful experience-- an unexpected moment of contemplation with just the rumble of the train, the sunlight through the windows, and whatever thoughts are in my head.  Or, in this case, whatever camera is in my hand.  I captured this week's photo with my Nikon D7100 resting on the ground, a shot I wouldn't have tried with other passengers around.  This was taken just as we were leaving the Jarvis Red Line station going towards Howard.

No comments: