Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Photo(s) of the Week: Sky Vortex

Sky Vortex
Canon S95, 1/1000sec at f2.8, ISO80.  Copyright Andy Marfia 2012 All Rights Reserved.

Part II
Canon S95, 1/1250sec at f2.5, ISO80.  Copyright Andy Marfia 2012 All Rights Reserved.

I took these two shots while attending a barbecue over the weekend.  I recently bought a new pair of prescription sunglasses-- which are fantastic-- but now I find myself constantly taking sky and cloud photos.  Damn you polarization!  Well, there are certainly worse subjects to obsess over.

In post processing these images, I really tried to emphasizing the texture in the sky.  To do this, I lowered the saturation and lightness for both blue and cyan, which then allowed me to boost contrast without the colors getting too overblown.  This is what the cyan adjustment looked like:

cyanadjustment

No comments: