Friday, April 27, 2012

Photo of the Week: Flowers & Squares

Flowers & Squares Nikon D7000 w/ 16-85mm lens, 1/100sec at f5.3, ISO400. Copyright Andy Marfia 2012 All Rights Reserved.

This week's photo was taken on Washington Blvd in Chicago's loop-- these flower were on a second story window ledge of Chicago City Hall.  The out of focus squares that you see are actually from the building across the street, reflected in the window.

This is from April of 2011.  I haven't had much time to shoot lately, coupled with the fact that I'm entirely out of room on a 1 terabyte harddrive, and this seemed like a good time to look through some archives.  I found this photo entirely edited and ready to post.  At the time, I remember thinking that it would be a better shot if the flowers were open, and my intention was to go back and reshoot it.  However, as I neither live nor work downtown, well, you know what they say about best laid plans.  In retrospect, I think it's pretty good as is.

No comments: