Friday, January 6, 2012

Chicago Reader Photo Issue

One of my photographs is featured in the Chicago Reader's fifth annual photo issue this week, along with some other talented photographers.  I finally tracked down a print copy today:

IMG_3229

I like how they put my photo opposite one of my favorite columns, "Straight Dope":

IMG_3231

This year's issue is themed "money" and I made several submissions all with a general recession theme.  The photo the Reader chose is titled "hope vs debt" and is actually from January of 2009.  I shot this from the Wilson Ave. Red Line L platform:

hope vs debt?
Nikon D90 w/ Nikkor 50mm (f1.8), 1/80sec at f5, ISO400. © Andy Marfia 2009 All Rights Reserved.

You can find the Chicago Reader for free around Chicagoland, or check out their web site for the full selection of photographs.

No comments: