Friday, September 9, 2011

Photo of the Week: Now Vs Old

Now Vs Old
Nikon D7000 w/ 16-85mm lens, 1/500sec at f8, ISO200. © Andy Marfia 2011 All Rights Reserved.

Depending on your point of view, I'm either a really fun person to take a road trip with, or insufferably annoying.  You see, I'm one of those people who likes to stop, spontaneously, when I see things that interest me.  Road signs, historical markers, abandoned dinosaur themed mini golf courses*-- I eat this stuff up.  Now, this doesn't mean that I stop for everything-- I understand the value of making time, as well-- but ideally, I think you should experience the places you're driving through, not just drive through them.

Anyway, the photo above was taken somewhere in Northern Wisconsin along highway 45, while on a recent vacation.  I noticed this on the way up, laughed, and then made a point to stop and take a photo on my way home a few days later.

* We actually passed this outside Oshkosh, but I didn't get any photos.  Next time.

No comments: