Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Photo of the Week: Skyline Drama

Skyline Drama
Canon S95 at 28mm, 1/1600sec, f3.2 and ISO80. © Andy Marfia 2011 All Rights Reserved.

This week's photo was taken as the first of two storms passed over Lollapalooza on Sunday.  I took some liberties with the post processing of this one-- the sky wasn't quite that dark or quite that green, but I think this is still a pretty faithful interpretation of the scene in Grant Park that afternoon.  I thought about converting this to black & white, but I really like those greenish blue clouds and didn't want to lose them.

As I mentioned on twitter yesterday, someone suggested that I add Voldemort's Dark Mark to the sky.  I think that crosses the line in terms of post processing, but hey, if you're a Harry Potter fan, feel free to imagine it up there.

No comments: