Saturday, February 5, 2011

Photo of the Week: rearviewstorm

rearviewstorm

It's hard to believe I took this photo on Tuesday evening.  It feels like weeks ago at this point.  I guess that's what happens when mother nature decides to drop the 3rd largest snowfall in the history of your city-- everything afterward feels just a bit different.

Anyway, I took this one on my commute home on Tuesday, just as Chicago Snowpocalypse 2011 was getting underway.  It's the view out the back window of the Purple Line train I was riding.  I took several versions of this that had just the glass pane and the L tracks running behind the train, but then this other train came into the frame going the other way, and I knew I had the shot I wanted.  I love it when that happens!

If you'd like to see more of my snowpocalypse photos, I've created a set over at flickr.  I expect that I'll still be posting photos of this for a few days to come.

Photo Details: Nikon D7000 w/ 16-85mm lens, 1/125sec at f5.6, ISO400.

1 comment:

Peter Davidson said...

Excellent image, love the use of the single contrasting vivid colour amidst the grey.