Friday, September 3, 2010

Photo of the Week: Meet me at the 555

meet me at the 555

I took this photo somewhere in Chicago's loop.  (It's currently in Guess Where Chicago, so I'm going to keep the exact location a secret for now).  One of the things that I love about this time of day, near sunset, and in particular at this time of year, is how the sun crosses over from the south side of the sky to the north side.  This creates a sort of tunnel effect in the loop, where all the east/west streets are blindingly bright, and all the north/south streets are in shadow.  It's also pretty neat because you rarely get to see north facing walls like this one lit up with direct sunlight.

Photo Details: Nikon D90 with 16-85mm lens, 1/1000sec at f5.6 and ISO400.  I converted this to black and white in post processing because I liked the subtle film noir effect that it created.  I shot a similar photo last year that I left as color.

No comments: