Thursday, January 1, 2009

Wrigley Field in fog: Holy Cow!

Wrigley Field, Fog #1

Wrigley Field, Fog #2

Wrigley Field, Fog #3

The lights have been on at Wrigley Field the last couple of weeks, as preparations have been made for the Winter Classic which took place today on New Years Day.  These photos were all taken on December 26th, on an unusually warm and foggy winter night.

This is the second year the NHL has done the Winter Classic (last year it was in Buffalo), and I hope it continues.  Although the ticket prices were much too high for my tastes, I like how it gives us something different to watch on New Years Day instead of college football.

Photo details: Nikon D90 with 18-105mm lens at f3.5, ISO 800, and shutter speeds between 1/50sec and 1/100sec.  I had the vibration reduction of the 18-105mm lens turned on, which helped to ensure sharp results.  Also, I should note that I adjusted the white balance slightly in post processing-- the sky wasn't quite that blue in real life.

No comments: